Monday 30 May 2016

preface 


it takes me the whole semester to think about the meaning of this course. 

I asked myself a question that will i really learn anything from this at the beginning, and in the end I finally get the answer. 

I actually learn some technique of metal shaping and laser cutting. however, the most important part that i learnt is the from learning process. we study in one field year by year. while our skills on that field become more and more expert, we lose the desire and courage to explore another field. we protect us to the safe point and do not want to take risk.

accordingly, this course breaks it with a totally new field that i never thought about with a kind of thing that I have to learn from the beginning like a noob. 

be painful. be cautious. be careful and be patient. get rid of the thought of make use of the materials that have been already cooked but do, learn and create a brand new skill and field of yourself. 

thanks for this course and i do have the confidence to take more risk in more fields. 


     figure1: the first metal shape submission and the redo one  







No comments:

Post a Comment